Thursday 15 January 2015

End of Module Evaluation

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them? 

I feel like I have improved my writing skills prior to my last critical analysis writing. I now know how to write an academic paper and I feel I have developed my writing style since the start of the course. I understand how to triangulate much better and feel I have showed this in my writing. 

In regards to the practical side, I have a much better understanding of designing for digital media and principles of perception can be used to make constructive design decisions to create a structured, well balanced design.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? 


I have realised I like to work digitally to develop my ideas, as I like to experiment on screen so I can see how things will look. I find it hard to visualise my ideas on paper with sketches and find I tend to waste a lot of time in doing so. However, I realise sometimes it can help to establish the relationship between objects and space. 


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these? 


I feel like I have clearly explained the subjects I wrote about in my essay and applied them visually to my website to show my understanding of the content and showed what I have taken from it and formed my own opinions and expanded on the existing theories. 


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future? 


If I had allocated more time, I would of liked to go into more detail and design the payment pages and other aspects of the site as well as creating responsive layouts to be viewed on different mediums.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 


- If I was to do it again I would like to go more in depth with the website. I am sure this would of provided more problems to solve which would challenge me further and improve my knowledge of digital software and the psychology behind how the user interacts with a site. 

- I struggled with the writing side more than the practical. The writing took more of my time to complete so I would have like to get the balance between both right.

- Leading on from the last point, I wish I had of planned the writing better and made notes to follow.

- I didn’t take advantage of getting feedback from my peers due to the writing taking most of the time.

- I maybe could of conducted some primary research such as eye tracking to see what layout would be best suited to my design. However this has already been conducted so I'm not sure if there was any point in using my own data when its already available.



No comments:

Post a Comment